11 - 13 July 2017
Business Mission to Jakarta, Indonesia
ECONOMY BACKGROUND OF INDONESIA
Indonesia is Southeast Asia’s largest economy, and the world’s 4th most populous nation with a population of 250 million and a rapidly growing middle class market. With more than half of its population of 250 million living in cities and the middle class projected to double to 80 million by 2020, there are many business opportunities in Indonesia for Singapore business people.
With the Indonesia government’s increased capital spending by 50 percent year-on-year in real terms, couple with the additional reforms rolled out—as seen in the recent 7 policy packages of regulatory reforms, Indonesia is likely to be buffered from potential volatility and is expected to enjoy higher GDP growth of approximately 5.5% in 2017.
In 2019, the population of Indonesia is estimated to be 268,074,600. Assuming each household consists of 4 people (BPS, 2013). Government of Indonesia is expected to provide 100% access to safe water by the end of 2019.
WATER SUPPLY SERVICES IN INDONESIA
- Served by Local Water Supply Companies Called Perusahaan Daerah Air Minum (PDAM) (safe access, piped)
- There are total 387 PDAMs in Indonesia and 39 operators are from private sectors in 2015
- Existing house connection provided by PDAM is about 11 million Housing Connection in 2015
- 67.78% is served by safe water access (2013)
- Average NRW level is 32.79%
- 74% of the PDAMs operate below production cost (non full cost recovery tariff)
- As stipulated in National Medium Term Dev. Plan 2015-2019, safe access to drinking water in 2019 is targeted to be 100% (60 % by pipeline, 40 % by non pipeline)
OBJECTIVES OF THE MISSION
- To meet relevant government officials in Indonesia to understand the Indonesian market and regulations.
- To enable companies in Singapore to tap on the business opportunities in Indonesian market for their expansion.
- To have business matching with water industry people in Indonesia based on the participants’ specific areas of interest for discussion.
Click here to find the tentative programme.
For information on overseas Singapore pavilions and programme for Business Mission, please contact the Event Secretariat: Ms. Joanne Tan via email: email@example.com or tel: (65) 6377 6619.