24th March 2022
[SWA Water Utility Series] National Water Supply and Drainage Board (Sri Lanka): Access to Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation to All
Dear SWA Members & Partners,
It brings us great pleasure to invite you and your colleagues to our 2nd edition of SWA Water Utility Series 2022, exclusive to SWA members.
To explore water opportunities in Sri Lanka, SWA is pleased to host this Webinar with National Water Supply and Drainage Board (NWSDB) on Access to Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation to All on Thursday 24 March 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm (SGT).
About this webinar:
• During the last 40 years of its existence NWSDB has covered 40% of its population with piped drinking water to SLS (WHO) standards.
• Under the “Water for All” programme, NWSDB is planning to double this to reach 80% by 2025.
• Increasing the plant capacity by 2 million m3/day and laying 40,000 km of pipes within 4 years.
• The water utilities in South Asia are facing huge challenges in fulfilling the current day demands of providing a reliable, good quality water supply to its consumers.
• Capital Investments in the water sector
• Climate change adaptation
• Water pricing
• Competing demand for available water resources.
• Balancing income and expenditure of water utilities
• Meeting high consumer expectations
In this webinar, NWSDB General Manager, Mr. Eng. Thilina Wijetunga will be sharing his experience on how NWSDB will be moving forward to meet up the challenge.
Learn about NWSDB’s long-term plans and discover new opportunities!
Why you should attend:
– Learn and understand more about NWSDB’s “Water for All” Programme
– Sharing of experiences by Worldwide water/wastewater companies
– Discover business opportunities and collaboration with Sri Lanka’s Endeavor of providing “Water for All”.
Who should attend: Professionals in sustainable solutions for water/wastewater treatment, environmental consultants and regulators.
Ø Admission: Complimentary for all guests.
Ø Date & Time: Thursday 24 March 2022 @ 3.00pm – 4.00pm (SGT,GMT:+8:00)
Ø Registration: https://bit.ly/3tiL7g1
This Webinar series provides a platform for the water industry to interact with overseas utilities and regulators; understand their challenges and identify business opportunities.
Do join us for this informative sharing webinar. Thank you.