1st July 2021
Technology Approaches to Non-Revenue Water & Water Quality
Singapore Water Association is co-organising a Webinar with the US Water Partnership (USWP): “Technology Approaches to Non-Revenue Water and Water Quality” on Thursday, 1st July @ 9am – 10am (SGT, GMT: +8.00) / Wednesday, 30th June @ 9pm – 10pm (EDT). Mr. Christian Koschil (Commercial Officer / Digital Attaché , U.S. Embassy, Singapore) will give an opening introduction followed by a presentation and panel discussion by companies from Singapore and US.
Non-revenue water (NRW) is water that has been lost in the process of transporting from the source to the customer, and is often caused by leaking pipes, through illegal connections, or is not charged for public use such as for firefighting. In large water utilities, these losses can equate to millions of dollars in lost revenue every year. While 0% non-revenue water is unachievable, technological fixes such as smart-metering and advance leak detection can significantly reduce NRW, resulting in improved water security and increased utility revenues.
This Webinar session will introduce the topic of applied technology solutions. Specifically, we will discuss case studies from private sector presenters which involve technological solutions to address utility’s concerns in non-revenue water. The goal of this event is to highlight how technological applications and public-private partnerships can address utility challenges. The event will then proceed to an in-depth discussion from a panel made up of our two private sector presenters and two utility representatives.
Case study presenting companies:
* SpaceAge Labs Pte Ltd (Singapore) http://www.spaceagelabs.com.sg/
- Mr Leela Krishna Sriramula, Chief Business Officer, SpaceAge Labs
* Xylem Inc, (Grand Rapids, Michigan) https://www.xylem.com/en-us/
- Nicole Pasch, Client Solutions Manager, Xylem
Panellist: Moderated by Mr. Christopher Rich, Executive Director, US Water Partnership
- Nicole Pasch, Client Solutions Manager, Xylem (Grand Rapids, Michigan).
- Mr Vinod Singh, Director of Sales & Growth, Digital, Data & Cyber Security-Asia, Jacobs Engineering (Singapore), SWA Council Member.
- Vo Nhat Tran – Manager of Non-Revenue Water Department, Saigon Water Corporation (SAWACO).
- Karen Frost, VP Economic Development & Innovation, The Water Council, USA.
Who should attend: Water/waste-water industry professionals, engineers, managers, environmental consultants, and regulators.
- Admission: Complimentary for all guests.
- Date & Time: Thursday 1st July @ 9am – 10am (SGT, GMT:+8:00) / Wednesday, 30th June @ 9pm – 10pm (EDT) via ZOOM.
- Registration: Click to register
Contact SWA at 65150812 or firstname.lastname@example.org,sg for further queries.