Water Quality Monitoring & Testing
Date: 25 - 27 June 2018
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic LSCT Block 83 Level 3 (Seminar Room: 83-03-01C)
This practice-oriented short course introduces course participants to key aspects of water quality monitoring and testing for application in pollution control, water & wastewater treatment. In addition to coverage of key parameters indicating pollution, participants will have hands-on exposure to practical aspects of water quality analysis, with particular emphasis on industrial wastewater. Principles of measurement, instrumentation and analysis will be covered using an application-oriented approach.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify, select and conduct appropriate standard method for water quality monitoring and testing.
2. Identify the causes of pollution.
3. Interpret water quality monitoring data and determine if discharge standards are met.
Teaching Methodology: Hands-on practical sessions
Target Audience: SWA Members, Supervisors, Engineers, Technical Officers
• Singapore’s discharge standards
• Physical parameters indicating pollution
• Chemical parameters indicating pollution
• Biological parameters indicating pollution
• Analytical techniques: principles of water and wastewater analysis, selection of test method
• Water Project for water quality testing, data collection, analysis and interpretation.
Dr. Wayne Forday
Dr. Wayne Lee Forday is a Senior Advisor in the School of Life Sciences and Chemical Technology. He has over 30 years of experience in education, training, research and manufacturing.
Ms. Mariam Mathew
Ms. Mariam Mathew is an Assistant Director in the School of Life Sciences and Chemical Technology. She has over 20 years of experience with applied projects, education and training.
Course Fee (GST is not applicable):
|Course Fees||SWA Member||Non-Member|
|Full Fees||SGD 990.00||SGD 1,100.00|
|E2i course fees subsidy*||SGD 360.00||SGD 360.00|
|Nett course fee||SGD 630.00||SGD 740.00|
* Eligibility for e2i Funding:
• Employed Singaporean or Singapore PRs who are self-sponsored or employer-sponsored
• Achieve at least 75% attendance
• The participants and/or the Company shall not receive any other funding from government sources
Award of Certificate & PEB Programme:
1. A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance
requirement and passed required assessment.
2. This course is qualified for PDUs by PEB (PDU points to be confirmed)
Participants are advised to make payment for the Full Fees before the course commences to ensure
that your registration is confirmed and accepted.
To register for this course, please fill up the registration form and fax to 65150813 or email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 June 2018. Registration will be on a first-come first served basis (This
course is limited to 20 participants only).
For further information, please contact SWA office: Ms. Cecilia Tan, email email@example.com or Tel: