11 May 2021
[Webinar] Water resource recovery : A dialogue between Denmark and Singapore on key innovations and opportunities ahead in the water sector
Water has been an existential issue for Singapore and the city state has been tenaciously working over the years to secure a safe, resilient, and sustainable supply. Wastewater is also termed as recycled water in Singapore, alluding to the aim for water to be cleaned and reused indefinitely. While Denmark has been blessed with abundant groundwater, it has had its fair share of challenges related to water and resources, and has over the years built up key expertise, knowledge, and innovation for water resource recovery. Resource recovery is today considered a key stronghold of Denmark. Through international collaborations and global knowledge exchange, Denmark has continued building up key capabilities in this space.
We are pleased to invite you to join an exciting webinar that will bring together key experts and practitioners from the public sector and industry to discuss the next phase of innovation within water resource recovery, and also touch on the related issue of digitalization of resource recovery systems and processes.
Time & Date :
11 May 2021, Tuesday, SGT 3:00pm to 4:30pm, CET 09:00am to 10:30am
- – Welcome remarks from the Royal Danish Embassy by: H.E Ambassador Ms. Sandra Jensen Landi
- – PUB’s future resource recovery strategy and plan (roadmap) by PUB, Singapore’s National Water Agency
- – Regulation as a driver for wastewater management and resource recovery in Denmark and in Europe by: Ministry of Environment of Denmark, Mr. Jóannes Jørgen Gaard, Special consultant
- – Panel discussion on drivers and ecosystems moderated by: Ms. Helle Katrine Andersen, Head of DANVA secretariat and Chair of IWA-Denmark, DANVA (Danish Water and Wastewater Association)
- – Open plenum discussion on resource recovery, innovation and solutions of tomorrow by: Mr. Allan Han-Huei Teo, managing director of Quercus Group in Singapore
Download this edm to share with water professionals in your network.
Denmark and Singapore have been collaborating in the water space for the past many years, with the most recent MOU on collaboration on sustainable development, including water, signed in February 2020. This webinar is leading up to a virtual Denmark-Singapore Water Dialogue as part of the official programme during SIWW 2021.