Internet of Things and Data Analytics for Industry
Date: 29th - 30th May 2023
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: Waterhub, Singapore Water Exchange
Course Title: Internet of Things and Data Analytics for Industry
Date: 29th – 30th May 2023 (Mon/Tues)
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Waterhub SgWX, 84 Toh Guan Road East @ Level 1
Instructor: Assoc Prof THAM Chen Khong, Dept of ECE, NUS
Dear SWA Members & Partners,
Singapore Water Association will be organising a 2-day in-person training class on Internet of Things and Data Analytics for Industry on 29th-30th May 2023.
The objectives of this course are to enable participants to gain a working knowledge about the Internet of Things (IoT) and its potential to transform industrial sectors due to its ability to provide real-time visibility into operational processes. It also covers data analytics using Python which enables trends to be identified and anomalies to be detected so that organisations can respond appropriately.
• Be informed about the state-of-the-art in IoT devices and technologies
• Understand the key technological building blocks of IoT devices, such as sensors, wireless networking, embedded and distributed processing
• Understand IoT data aggregation and analytics architectures using edge, fog and cloud computing
• Appreciate the features found in modern IoT data processing platforms
• Learn about data analytics algorithms for analysing real-time IoT data and data sets
• Gain experience in applying data analytics algorithms on IoT data to develop actionable insights based on an industry case study
1. Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT)
– Sensors, low energy embedded system, and smart meters
– Wireless communication protocols, e.g. LoRa, NB-IoT, 5G and IoT
– Information processing at the edge and cloud; digital twin
– Industry use cases
2. IoT and Data Platforms
– Data collection, storage, query, analysis and applications (platform examples: ThingWorx, MindSphere, Azure)
3. Data Analytics for IoT Sensor Data
– Data analytics techniques: regression, clustering, and classification using logistic regression and support vector machine (SVM)
– Data modelling of time-series sensor data
– Anomaly detection from time-series sensor data, exemplified in a predictive maintenance scenario
4. Hands-on Exercises
– Participants will analyse sensor data using the Python programming language which is widely used in industry. You will derive insights, detect anomalies and predict events. The necessary data sets and computer code will be provided to participants.
Course Fee (Excl. GST 7%):
– SWA Member (SGD 750)
– Non-Member (SGD 850)
Award of Certificate & PEB Programme
1. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance.
2. This course is qualified for PDUs by PEB (PDU points to be confirmed).
To confirm a place for this training, please register online REGISTRATION FORM by 12th May. Registration will be on a first-come first served basis (This course is limited to 20 participants only).
For further enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms. Cecilia Tan at Tel: 65150812 / 91778477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org