Operation and Maintenance of SWRO Plants
Date: 10 - 11 February 2020
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: e2i, 80 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609607
THIS COURSE IS ALREADY FULLY TAKEN UP ! NO MORE SLOTS
Plant operators, supervisors, field managers, maintenance personnel.
To impart fundamental and practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance aspects of Sea Water RO plants with emphasis on plant troubleshooting.
Participants of this course will have a deeper understanding of the process requirements for successfully operating and maintaining a SWRO plant. Participants will acquire step-by-step knowledge on identifying, correcting and preventing operational problems in a typical SWRO plant. They will discuss the current case of a SWRO plant.
Learning methods: Classroom lectures, Q&A, discussions and case studies.
Course content with modules:
The course will contain following modules. Any specific requirement shall be incorporated.
- What are the operating fundamentals?
- What are the SWRO Operating Parameters?
- How is performance of RO determined?
- How to Normalize the SWRO operating data?
- How to identify SWRO problems?
- Front end
- Tail end
- Throughout the system
- Expected issues faced with SWRO membranes
- Organic fouling (Why, How to prevent, How to remove)
- Inorganic fouling (Why, How to prevent, How to remove)
- Biological fouling (Why, How to prevent, How to remove)
- How to identify membrane damage?
- When and how to set right pre-treatment?
- What are the precautions required in engineering of SWRO?
- What is the role of Instrumentation and Controls?
- Typical cleaning requirements of SWRO
- When to clean?
- Steps to evaluate cleaning effectiveness?
- What should Operations look out for?
- What should Maintenance look out for?
- Membrane storage/preservation guidelines – short and long
- Other case studies
- Discussions, Q&A and Feedback